Counsel For California Administrative Law Proceedings
Given the pervasive nature of government regulation in today’s society, businesses and professionals in practically every industry can expect to encounter contact with a state administrative agency at some point in time. Administrative hearings can be adversarial in nature and are conducted according to an entirely different set of evidentiary and procedural rules from a courtroom proceeding, and in a vastly different dispute resolution culture.
Whether you need help with a business licensing problem, an attorney ethics compliance issue or even education law matters concerning accreditation or support for special needs, California administrative hearings lawyer Zachary Wechsler can advise and assist you. Contact the Law Office of Zachary D. Wechsler, APC, to learn more about the firm’s ability to help you resolve regulatory issues before California state agencies.
Guidance Through Contested Business And Professional Matters
Mr. Wechsler’s experience with contested matters involving license defense, enforcement actions, waivers, denial of certification, background checks and moral character qualifications and other problems can give you a significant advantage at every stage of an administrative action. He offers advice and representation in matters involving businesses, professions and state agencies such as the following:
- California Acupuncture Board
- Attorney discipline defense
- Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Board of Pharmacy
- Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Board of Psychology
- Board of Registered Nursing
- Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Board of Optometry
- California Veterinary Medical Board
- Dental Board of California
- Medical and health care licensing, regulation and enforcement for physicians, dentists, psychologists, optometrists, nurses and other health care professionals
- Medical Board of California
- Osteopathic Medical Board of California
- Physician Assistant Board
- Professional licensing defense for real estate brokers, appraisers, sales staff, certified public accountants (CPA) and other professionals facing disciplinary hearings
- Respiratory Care Board of California
- State Bar of California admissions and moral character determinations
Both the substance of the law and the procedural aspects of administrative proceedings before state agencies are different from those that characterize civil litigation in Superior Court. Mr. Wechsler’s familiarity with these distinctions can streamline your path to a favorable result. Whenever necessary, however, he can take an adverse decision to court through a writ of mandamus or file a formal appeal, depending on the procedural details of your situation.
Protection Of Your License, Business And Livelihood
Mr. Wechsler can help you negotiate the bureaucratic steps that must be overcome in order to receive a license or permit, and he can help you prepare and present your defense to disciplinary or enforcement actions that could jeopardize your business and livelihood. Choose the Law Office of Zachary D. Wechsler, APC, when you require customized strategies and tactics for negotiating settlements, presenting arguments and pursuing rights of appeal.
To learn more about how you can benefit from the firm’s knowledge of the inner workings of California’s administrative proceedings, contact an experienced lawyer at the Law Office of Zachary D. Wechsler, APC, to schedule a free telephone consultation.